Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Environment setting for Cadence IC610

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamlearning

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi!
I am trying to install cadence IC610 in Scientific Linux 5. I installed it successfully through Installscape and also installed the Open Access, configured as well after the installation.
First two lines of my license file are:
SERVER SERVER.VLSI-LAB ANY 27000
DAEMON cdslmd /home/VLSI/cadence/tools/bin/cdslmd

Now, I am trying to set up the environment. To do it, I copied the .cdsinit and the .cshrc files in my home directory and appended the following lines to the .cshrc file:

export CDS_ROOT = /home/VLSI/cadence
export CDS_INSTALL_PATH=$CDS_ROOT/tools/dfII/

export CDS_LIC_FILE=27000@SERVER.VLSI-LAB

export LM_LICENSE_FILE=$CDS_ROOT/share/license/license.dat
export PATH=$PATH:$CDS_ROOT/tools/bin:$CDS_INSTALL_PATH/bin:$CDS_ROOT/tools/spectre/bin
export LANG=C
export CDS_Netlisting_Mode=Analog
alias lmli= '/home/VLSI/cadence/tools/bin/lmgrd-c/home/VLSI/cadence/share/license/license.dat'

But, the problem is, my terminal window identifies the 'export' as unknown commands, because I am using C-shell. Could anyone please suggest me what commands can I use instead of them? I am confused about where to use setenv, where set path and whether shall I need to change alias lmli.

Anyone kindly put some light to clarify the issue.
Thank you ...

iamlearning said:
... I am using C-shell. Could anyone please suggest me what commands can I use instead of them? I am confused about where to use setenv, where set path and whether shall I need to change alias lmli.
You could either change to the Bourne-shell (/bin/bash), which understands these commands, or - for csh
  • change export to setenv and remove the = (equal) sign
  • for the PATH, use set instead of export and remove the = (equal) sign
  • for the alias, just remove the = (equal) sign
HTH! erikl

Thank you, Erikl for your reply.
In fact, I found some experienced people suggesting to use csh rather than bin/bash. So, I was a little bit reluctant to go for bsh. However, I shall append the following lines to my .cshrc file leaving my license.dat untouched:

setenv CDS_ROOT /home/VLSI/cadence
setenv CDS_INSTALL_PATH $CDS_ROOT/tools/dfII/

setenv CDS_LIC_FILE 27000(at)SERVER.VLSI-LAB

setenv LM_LICENSE_FILE $CDS_ROOT/share/license/license.dat
set PATH $PATH:$CDS_ROOT/tools/bin:$CDS_INSTALL_PATH/bin:$CDS_ROOT/tools/spectre/bin
setenv LANG C
setenv CDS_Netlisting_Mode Analog
alias lmli '/home/VLSI/cadence/tools/bin/lmgrd-c/home/VLSI/cadence/share/license/license.dat'

I shall express my experience as soon as it is updated.
Thanks a lot ...

I included the variables in my .cshrc files and ran clean ...

iamlearning said:
I included the variables in my .cshrc files and ran clean ...
Thanks for reporting back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back