Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[General] Embedded Assembly language versus Embedded c language

Status
Not open for further replies.

sudheer kumar

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello guys,

I have a doubt, I am new to ARM and need to learn architecture and in depth of ARM.
For this I am going through "ARM reference guide", book- but people explained on Assembly, not C. Even many books follow the Assembly, Why?

I am working on C but doesn't no assembly.

My question is why people explain it with ASSEMBLY? and is it necessary to learn Assembly? How to link this to Embedded C?

Assembly gives you a register level view of how the processor works. It helps learn the architecture.

A book about ARM will have to cover topics specific to ARM, and there is nothing ARM-specific in C.
You don't need to learn assembly-language to program a microcontroller , but it will help in the long run.
By that, I mean that you will eventually need to make something run faster or require less memory; knowing the details will help.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.