Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

eeprom interfacing with pic16f877a

Status
Not open for further replies.

manikandanshine

Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
in my project,i want to interface internal eeprom with pic16f877a.......when switch off my project microcntroller will save final value of sensors which is in my project......after switch on my project,final values before switch off my project are recovered and displayed in lcd......how it is possible....i am new with this concept......anybody knows plz help me........thanks in advance.....

i think this is the concept of eeprom when u stored specific data on a specific adderesh then read that data on a that adderesh. so if u switch off that time u store data on adderesh and when switch on get that data.

in my project,i want to interface internal eeprom with pic16f877a.......when switch off my project microcntroller will save final value of sensors which is in my project......after switch on my project,final values before switch off my project are recovered and displayed in lcd......how it is possible....i am new with this concept......anybody knows plz help me........thanks in advance.....

Hi,

As mentioned you need to say if you are using a Compiler like C or Assembly to program the chip, so we can show you some code examples or tutorials.

To answer you question more generally.
You can add in default values into eeprom when you program the chip.

While you can instruct the micro to close down and save the current values to EEprom, it is more normal to write the values to EEprom say every time you get a new reading or at a fixed time interval from a rtc, otherwise if the power is cut you could loose the latest values.

When your program restarts, the first thing it does is to read from EEprom your latest values - that simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.