Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Eagle Pro: Quick change of track thickness?

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

treez

Hello,

A lot of the PCB traces have come out at 0.25mm thickness, i dont know how it defaulted to this but its too narrow, is there any way i can change all these trace widths to 0.6mm thickness by simply clicking them?

...at the moment i am going "properties" then manually retyping the new thickness, which takes much time.

Turn off all layers except the one with the tracking on (not absolutely necessary but you will otherwise start changing other layers or text widths). Select the tracks as a group. Use the change command to change the width (or the command line such as CHA WID 0.6) but RIGHT CLICK to change the group width.

Keith

Reactions: treez

T

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
there are lots of ways i have found to change the width or set default value to what you want before routing.
Option 1. in You Board editor chose edit>netclasses> and then set default value of width = 40mills drills = 40mills & clearence = 20 mills
1mm = 40 mills (approx)
now try autorouting it will work smoothly.
Option 2 if you want to manually change the width of a particular layer you can use info too from view>info then click on the track you want to change the width and change the width you want.
or like the above person said chose the rectangle button to group select and then change width of all tracks!
Regard
Punit

If you read the question you will see it was '... is there any way i can change all
these trace widths to 0.6mm thickness ...'

Keith

If you read the question you will see it was '... is there any way i can change all
these trace widths to 0.6mm thickness ...'

Keith
ACtually I meant Track whenever i said layer i got misspelled oops! sorry!

- - - Updated - - -

Option 1. in You Board editor chose edit>netclasses> and then set default value of width = 'Your Value" drills = 'Your Value" & clearence = 'Your Value"
1mm = 40 mills (approx)
now try autorouting it will work smoothly with what you want.
if you have done routint already then unroute and try to route!

T

That doesn't help if you have already routed the tracks - which was the original problem. You can change track widths without having to rip up the existing tracks - as I have explained.

Keith

T

Thanks Keith....supposing its only some of the tracks in a group that i want to change the thickness of............i thought i could type CHA WID 0.6 and then just select the track that i want to change to 0.6mm with a left click, and hey presto, that section of that track turns to a 0.6mm track...however, this does not seem to work................is there a way of doing this?..

I just want to simply and quickly click a track section and then that in itself will change that track section to 0.6mm width.

Thanks Keith....supposing its only some of the tracks in a group that i want to change the thickness of............i thought i could type CHA WID 0.6 and then just select the track that i want to change to 0.6mm with a left click, and hey presto, that section of that track turns to a 0.6mm track...however, this does not seem to work................is there a way of doing this?..

I just want to simply and quickly click a track section and then that in itself will change that track section to 0.6mm width.

actually this does work. select the change tool, select width option, select width number. then go and click on your track segments. first click will select the segment, and 2nd click will change the width. it works in v6.2 which version do you have ?

T

Thanks again Keith..............i have eagle pro 6.2.0......i'll take another look, its great that you say it can do it.

Thanks again Keith..............i have eagle pro 6.2.0......i'll take another look, its great that you say it can do it.

it is same as my eagle. but my name not keith.

T

Certainly "CHA WID 0.6" should work. Also, don't forget that you can select non-rectangular blocks. That is handy for moving or changing sections of a schematic or layout.

Keith.

T

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back