Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Eagle pro: deleting a small portion of a PCB trace?

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

treez

Hello,

I often wish to delete just a small portion of a pcb trace, but the "ripup" tool tends to delete the entire net..........how can i just delete one little piece of a trace?

Generally Eagle trace if made a s a single stretch, it would be removed. Instead, if we do in bits and parts,
only that sub part can be removed.

Hope I am clear.

Reactions: treez

T

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Thanks, but i am finding that ebern if i do it part by part, the ripup tool still deletes the entire net.

i am attaching a sample . i tried with eagle5.11.0. i first use connections ( not tracks).
later while making connections i track part ,stop then continue next section , so on.
later i select a specific section and rip. i am able to do it
a pdf is attached. you find discontinuous lines, they were earlier continuous but in steps.

Attachments

• sample for later rip.pdf
    4.5 KB · Views: 173

It depends on whether it is a long straight track or not. If the track is a long straight one (even if you drew it a bit at a time - Eagle removes unnecessary nodes) it will be deleted as a whole. The way round that is to use SPLIT. With SPLIT you can create and extra node and then just delete back between two nodes.

Keith.

- - - Updated - - -

Just to add, if you are trying to delete segments in order to create space or go round obstacles, SPLIT may do what you need without deleting anything.

Keith

If you click the airwire, the entire trace is deleted. But if you click on a specific subpart, only that will be deleted.

T

Eagle has always had a good undo - at least in the last 12 years or so that I have been using it.

Keith

T

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back