Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Eagle Design Tips for juniors

Status
Not open for further replies.

cesimkaol

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear Sir,

I need to ask you next questions.

1-I need to screw my pcb to somewhere.So should I put a drill to corners of pcb and which size should I put?

2-How to put drill on pcb?

3-I want to dedicate unused part of pcb as a GND , I can ı do this?

4-I will use LQFP - 64 microcontroller.Are all LQPF mcu's same size , for example clearence between pins. So how should be my trace width?Seedstudio supoort 1524 mm trace width.I want to use 0.2 mm trace width , I hope it is not going to be problem.

5-What is a silkscreen width?

I will put project documents when I finished.

With best regards.

Greetings,

1. The size of the drill hits depends on the size of the screws you want to use and the size of the mounting holes to which you will be mounting the PCB.

2. Drill hits are placed by using the "hole" tool in eagle...
drill.png

Questions like this, along with many other general questions, can be answered by reading tutorials and watching instructional videos. If you are going to be doing alot of board design, I would suggest looking at some of these...

3. You can create polygons in eagle. If you have an empty spot on your PCB, you can create a ground section; you can then connect to this section by routing other ground traces into this polygon or by using vias. Depending on the number of layers in your design, you might want to consider using a ground plane. This will let you connect all your ground signals by simply using vias.

4. You should reference the device datasheet for your IC. The manufacturers usually include the physical dimensions of the part, as well as the recommended land pattern.

Trace widths directly depend on the amount of current that they need to be able to hold. There are many calculators online that will help you determine what thickness your traces should be.

5. You can determine your silkscreen width by right clicking on any part of the silkscreen, navigating to "Properties", and then looking at the field titled "Width". Keep in mind that many board houses have a minimum silkscreen width.

Kind Regards,
Willis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back