E1&Ethernet Bridge IC

Status
Not open for further replies.
s3c4510b s3c4530a

1) Simplest solution is RAD ChipBridge (RJ017), that is discontinued product , our company use this chip more than 5 years.

2) Other chip from RAD is ChipRouter RJ018, that support 2 wan ports with TDMA protocol.

3) Samsung ARM core System on Chip (SoC)
Samsung's S3C4530A 16/32-bit RISC microcontroller
is a cost-effective, high-performance microcontroller solution for Ethernet-based systems. An integrated Ethernet controller, the S3C4530A, is designed for use in managed communication hubs and routers. The S3C4530A is built around an outstanding CPU core: the 16/32-bit ARM7TDMI RISC processor designed
by Advanced RISC Machines, Ltd. The ARM7TDMI core is a low-power, general purpose microprocessor macro-cell that was developed for use in application-specific and custom-specific integrated circuits. Its simple, elegant, and fully static design is particularly suitable for cost-sensitive and power-sensitive applications. The S3C4530A offers a configurable 8-Kbyte unified cache/SRAM and Ethernet controller which reduces total system cost. Important peripheral functions include two HDLC channels with buffer descriptor, two UART channels with full modem interface signal and 32byte buffer, 2-channel GDMA, two 32-bit timers, and 26 programmable I/O ports. On-board logic includes an interrupt controller, DRAM/ SDRAM controller, and a controller for ROM/SRAM and flash memory. The System Manager includes an internal 32-bit system bus arbiter and an external memory controller.

4) AMD Am186CC or Am186CH CPU with (4 to 2 ) WAN ports with TDMA and add external Ethernet controller chip.

snds100_src.zip

many thanks for your recomendations, but i'm afraid from devices with names as RJ017, RJ018, S3C4530A and so on... ))))))))))))

xbridge2.0

Hello dainis,

I am very interested in the Samsung's S3C4530A 16/32-bit RISC microcontroller that you mentioned, but I'm new to this chip, could you tell me more detail info on it, such as its development platform, simple circuit(for beginners to learn) based on S3C4530A, reference firmware etc? Thanks in advance.

Regards,
cdcll

s5linbox

h**p://w*w.samsungusa.com/cgi-bin/nabc/semiconductors/search/datasheet.jsp?family=354
h**p://w*w.samsungusa.com/download/semiconductors/system_lsi/um_s3c4530a.pdf

s3c4510b is very similar as s3c4530a:
h**p://w*w.samsungusa.com/download/semiconductors/system_lsi/um_s3c4510b_rev1.pdf
h**p://w*w.samsungusa.com/download/semiconductors/system_lsi/an_s3c4510b.pdf

Evolution board:
h**p://w*w.samsungusa.com/download/semiconductors/system_lsi/snds100.pdf
h**p://topmicrosystems.com/kimstek/50100/UM_S3C4510B_rev1.pdfh**p://topmicrosystems.com/html/help_keb50100.phtml
h**p://topmicrosystems.com/kimstek/50100/Snds100_SCH.pdf
h**p://topmicrosystems.com/kimstek/50100/AppNote.zip

Evolution board prices:
h**p://topmicrosystems.com/html/eboard_price.phtml
Low cost for s3c4530A: TEB-4530AC 350 USD
h**p://topmicrosystems.com/html/help_teb4530ac.phtml
h**p://topmicrosystems.com/kimstek/SNDS300/UM_S3C4530A_rev1.zip

Source code and examples:
h**p://topmicrosystems.com/kimstek/50100/SNDS100_SRC.zip

maxim raycom ic

dainis
10x for information ))

e1 converter to sms device price

but RC721x doesn't support E1 framing, and N*64K time slot usage is therefore disabled.

xbridge2.0 datasheet

see also IP2022 from www.ubicom.com

+ integrated Eth10 PHY + low price (~$20)
- not accessible hardware programmer & compiller

rj017 chipbridge

- Remember that IP2022 have very limited internal RAM,
really only 1 buffer (ethernet frame) for Ethernet Rx other for Tx.
Need on addition external Ethernet packet buffers.
+ Maybe is posible build in software (virtual periphery) E1 (or other serial data) framer.

rad rj017

in private mail Ubicom say what they can make RJ017 analog.
doubts are cast upon it, but "wait & see"

rad-rj017

ChipBridge RJ017 datasheet is available at :

h**p://www.icfinder.co.kr/pdffile/2271.pdf

network processor ic with nat hdlc

Why you are interesting from RJ017, when you can't buy it...

snds100_sch.pdf

Now is aivailable new good solutions from Redux Communications:
Redux PrimaGate® RS-120, a 100 Mbps wire-speed Ethernet bridge.
h**p://w*w.reduxcom.com

lan91c111 xilinx ubicom ip2022 evaluation board

Hi dainis
Thanks a lot for your information.
But Redux PrimaGate® RS-120 hasn't E1 port. It has one Ethernet port and the other port is HDLC.
How to change the HDLC to E1? Can you give one suggest.

www.admtek.com

Redux PrimaGate® RS-120 has sync HDLC port and you may use any external Line interface unit (LIU) and E1 (G.704) framer,
if you need fractional E1 interface.
PrimaGate® RS-120 is for direct raplacement for Rads ChipBridge RJ-17.
If you need more powerfull and programmeble chip, look Redux AptaGate® RX-100 chip, it contains internal Time Slot Assigner (TSA).

analog rj017

WinPath chip from Wintegra offers 20 on chip protocols with or without ARM core.

See their site, it's realy fantastic

h**p://w*w.wintegra.com/products.html

mt9075+project

I look these WinPath chisp from Wintegra, this chips is not for simple and low cost solutions ....
It look like Motorola PowerQuic II (MPC82XX) chips.

realtek rtl8019as fpga

Davicom UN9008 is also NE2000 compatible , and prices are low

e1to ethernet +mt9075

I am interested in this topic very much and read this topic throughly. And I think a E1- Ethernet bridge is only like a device which can transmit Ethernet frames over E1 pipe transparently with the IP and above level protocol nochanged. This is the second case in wzdreamer 's words.
I am now thinking of how to implement this device in HDL.
The most difficult point is the adaption of 10M ethenet signals into 2M signals. Perhaps you must control the Ethernet side to be a slow device, which can only transmit and receive 2M signals, and other bandwith of ethernet signal is stuff.
I am familiar with E1 but have little experience in Etherenet. I'd like to discuss with all of you further more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…