Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

E1&Ethernet Bridge IC

Status
Not open for further replies.
New low cost (10 USD for 1K) Fast Ethernet switch (bridge with Wan HDLC link) AT8993

**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
Orcad Schematics
**broken link removed**

The AT8993 is an integrated (Controller, PHY and Memory) two 10/100 Mbps MDIX TX/FX transceiver, three 10/100 MAC Ethernet L2 switch controller, built-in 5 counters on each MAC read through serial management I/O pins, targeted at stand alone bridge for low cost SOHO market, Media Converter.
The 3rd MAC interface could be selected as MII/RMII/GPSI/HDLC to connect with routing devices, bridge devices for different media.

Features

3 port 10/100M integrated switch with interfaces of two MDIX TX/FX and 3rd port as GPSI/MII/RMII/HDLC
Built-in data buffer 6Kx64 SRAM
Up to 2048 MAC unicast addresses with 4-layer hashing table
Two queues / port for QoS purpose
Port-base, 802.1p and IP ToS priority
Store & forward architecture and Performs forwarding and filtering at non-blocking full wire speed
Supports aging function
Supports 802.3x flow control for full duplex and back-pressure for half duplex in case buffer is full
Support packet length up to 1536 bytes
Support Broadcast storm filter
Support port-base VLAN
Tag/Untagged function on each MAC.
Support five Smart counters on each MAC.
Support 16 entry of packet classify and marking or filtering for TCP port number
Provide TX1FX Converter mode with fault propagation and redundant capability by use of two AT8993.
Short latency on the converter mode.
100 PQFP package with 2.5V/3.3V power supply

dainis said:
New low cost (10 USD for 1K) Fast Ethernet switch (bridge with Wan HDLC link) AT8993

**broken link removed**

God news, this chip is really working, after soldering PCB, and
it is compatible (via HDLC WAN link, with RAD ChipBridge and ChipRouter,
and with REDUX chips ..... :)

dainis said:
dainis said:

**broken link removed**

God news, this chip is really working, after soldering PCB, and
it is compatible (via HDLC WAN link, with RAD ChipBridge and ChipRouter,
and with REDUX chips ..... :)

Bad news, that this wonderful AT8993 chip stay obsolete, and is out of production.

Good news, that ADMtek release new chip that replace this AT8993 chip.
New chip is ADM6996F, this chip is 6 port single chip Ethernet switch controller, which one port can working as HDLC WAN controller ( this information only available on request, not in datasheet !!! ).

Does anyone try nSYStech's Xbridge2.0?
This is a Korean based company.
URL is **broken link removed**

Hi,

Does somebody know if there a datasheet for RC7221 (w*w.raycom.com.cn) or thomething more explicite than the few words available on the site ?

Thanks

Papyaki

:roll: Hi my friends, do you really want to get the datasheets from Raycom, China based company? I can get them.[/quote]

Hi,

It would be interesting to have a look :sm6:

It's written in Chinese, can you read it? If not, please let me know what's the your interest spots on the products and I would like to share my understanding with you as possible and I can.

BTW, do you know someone in Redux Communication? I want to contact them and maybe get some chipsets from them.

Hi dujiayou,

Unfortunately I can't read chinese, but there is some translation tools available arround there. Is it a pdf document ?

I do not have any contact with Redux team, but seems to be easy to get one. You write an email to : info@reduxcom.com

Regards

:arrow: Hi Papyaki,

Yeah, it's a pdf file, OK?

I had ever written one email to the mailbox, but no response from them. BTW, we have used RAD's RJ017 two years ago, but now no such chipset available,where can I get such ICs or its updated version? :?:

Thank you very much!

Jiayou

Hi dujiayou.

Read Dainis's previous post in this topic. REDUX seems to be the better choice for hdlc over IP.

Their RS160 looks like the best for TDM tunneling into IP.

Zarlink (formely MITEL) propose also a solution for tunneling (ZL50111) :

h**p://products.zarlink.com/product_profiles/ZL50111.htm

* = t

Regards

Papyaki

I think most of the terminology in ASIC are still fuzzy,
since the field is still fast changing. Most people don't know how to
tell the difference from them.

8O Hi Papyaki,

Many thanks for your useful information!

The following please find the Product introduction for Raycom's RC7221, hope you can read it. If I had enough time, I would like to translate it for you. :cry:

Regards,

Eric

calvinhorng said:
URL is h**p://www.nsystech.com/products/products.htm

This chip also looks good, wth high HDLC speed (up to 100MHz), only bad is that not available samples 2-5 pcs, only available:
"Minimum quantity for sample is one single dry pack of 900 pcs.
Also ,we can supply reference/evaluation module. It's U$240- /piece, and 2 sets are necessary to test. "

dainis said:
calvinhorng said:

This chip also looks good, wth high HDLC speed (up to 100MHz), only bad is that not available samples 2-5 pcs, only available:
Also ,we can supply reference/evaluation module. It's U$240- /piece, and 2 sets are necessary to test. "

It seems a little expensive, I had got 4 pcs free RC7221 chipsets from Raycom, a Chinese company and it play well! Both E1 and HDLC converting. :!:

dujiayou said:
dainis said:
calvinhorng said:

It seems a little expensive, I had got 4 pcs free RC7221 chipsets from Raycom, a Chinese company and it play well! Both E1 and HDLC converting. :!:

Expensive ???

Price lists of XB2.0

Q'ty Price Remarks
900pcs US$8.00 900pcs is one unit
5,400pcs US$6.00
10,800pcs US$5.60

Hi, dainis,

Many thanks for your such useful information. I have read XB2.0's datasheet and found it doesn't support E1, which means an extra FPGA is required to make a E1&Ethernet Bridge. However the cost will be increased sharply, do you have any better solutions?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back