Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Dummy resistor to be ignored in Calibre LVS run

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brittoo

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

I am unable to waive the dummy resistors during the Calibre LVS run(not accounted for in the sch) and end up having property mismatches. Any idea how this can be achieved using the Calibre settings?

Regards
Brittoo

Brittoo said:
Hi

I am unable to waive the dummy resistors during the Calibre LVS run(not accounted for in the sch) and end up having property mismatches. Any idea how this can be achieved using the Calibre settings?

Regards
Brittoo

there must be a layer that is used to indicate that those resistors are dummy. ask you CAD engineer about it.

I've tried to use the switches 'RC' & 'RE' in the 'Filter Unused Device Options' in my calibre tools, but the extrator still extracts those shorted dummy capacitors and resistors in my layout.
At the end i have to delete those LVS marking layers for resistors and capacitors in my layout. In my process, resistors have to be labeled by a resistor marking layer (RES_MRK) in order to be extracted. If it is so in your process, you can delete that layer to cheat the extractor.

Hi Protonixs/Bellona

Thanks for the suggestions. I do not have the liberty to delete the LVS mkr layers. The RC switch in Calibre was not working for me as well. Any other suggestions are welcome!!

Regards
Brittoo

Hi Brittoo,
how do you define the resistor? by 'subckt'?
And what's the version of your calibre tool?

Brittoo said:
... Any other suggestions are welcome!!
Add the dummies to your schematics. Then you can run an unfeigned & authentic LVS. And you always know what's in your layout.

Brittoo said:
Hi Protonixs/Bellona

Thanks for the suggestions. I do not have the liberty to delete the LVS mkr layers. The RC switch in Calibre was not working for me as well. Any other suggestions are welcome!!

Regards
Brittoo

how about removing the layer that determines the value of the resistor? for example, if the resistor is diffusion type, just put the diffusion and no other else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back