Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Dual 7-segment Display Recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.

weetabixharry

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Can anyone recommend a cheap dual 7-segment display that meets my requirements below?

(1) Both digits share the same control pins (just like the **broken link removed**) so the number of pins is minimised and values are demultiplexed to each digit.

(2) The decimal point can actually be used (unlike the Kingbright DC03-11SURKWA).

(3) Is as small as possible.

The Kingbright device is almost perfect for my needs, but the decimal point can't be lit!

Many thanks!

For now, I've bought some ordinary dual 7-segment displays with a decimal point and I'm soldering together the corresponding controls of both digits. This is by no means ideal, as I would prefer to have a minimal number of pins.

I ended up doing the same thing for my homebrew 6-digit frequency counter. A lot of soldering. Innumerable wires.

The two counter IC's can each drive a 3 digit display. But my local Radio Shack only had 2 digit displays. I purchased three of them.

Then I had to slice through copper traces on the middle display, so I could have independent digits. I soldered one digit to the two at the left, to get a group of 3. Similarly for the other digit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back