Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

drop of 48 volts dc from 220 volts dc

Status
Not open for further replies.

ch wazir

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Any possible suggestion /cct for conversion of 220 v dc to 48 v dc having 10 A current(charging 100 AH
12v each 4 batteries in series) without conversion from dc to ac.thanks

try some direct dc dc converters they will help you out

- - - Updated - - -

i think LM2577 and LM 5000
will suit your purpose in big time

Any possible suggestion /cct for conversion of 220 v dc to 48 v dc having 10 A current(charging 100 AH
12v each 4 batteries in series) without conversion from dc to ac.thanks

For charging 48V battery (12V * 4), you need a voltage of at least 54V (13.5V * 4).

Saying we use a voltage of 55.2V (13.8V * 4), the power is 552W. So, you may use half-bridge converter or full-bridge converter. You can use SG3525 feeding high/low side driver(s) driving the MOSFETs, which drive the ferrite transformer. Use a secondary rectification + filter stage. And use an isolated feedback circuit. That's about it. Now you need to research, learn and practice the various individual sections and put them together.

Hope this helps.
Tahmid.

try some direct dc dc converters they will help you out

- - - Updated - - -

i think LM2577 and LM 5000
will suit your purpose in big time
plz propose some circuit diagram to meet the same,Regards

- - - Updated - - -

plz propose the cct.if possible plz,thanks

search the forums in the past weeks we had a discussion where we included all the circuits for DC DC converters and the operations there of

Switching high current through a coil can create hi-voltage spikes.

This is a dangerous hazard to send through batteries.

Best to use a transformer.

Hello Alterlinks,
Actually i hve some solar panels,each panel outputting nearly 226 volts dc,I want to use for charging 48 volts batteries(each 12v,100AH).One method is to convert 226 volts dc to ac and then stepping down the same to nearly 66/67 volts and after rectification to the the batteries.Now i only want to know is it possible by adopting some cheap methods to drop the 226v dc to 66/67 volts dc.regards

PV panels are more of a current source than a voltage source. They cannot generate more than a certain amperage.

If you hook them up to the batteries, they will only push through the maximum current they can generate. The panels have an internal resistance. Their volt level will automatically drop.

Do your panels already put out 10A? Then in normal situations you should not need to 'drop' the panel voltage. What you do need to do is to shut off charging, or taper it, as the batteries become full. Otherwise the panels will overcharge the battery and dry up the electrolyte.

Therefore a charge controller is what you need.

A switched coil converter may seem like a good idea. However notice you have very small resistance in the power loop. This is the recipe for hi-voltage spikes when switching a coil. My simulations show spikes of 1 kV or 2 kV in the loop. It is possible for this to create sparks inside a battery, and result in an explosion.

Status
Not open for further replies.