Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Doubt regarding Clamper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Please see the images. This is from the book "Electronic Devices and Circuit Theory by Boylestead"

Fig B is mine. Why Fig B is not correct according to author? Why it is not -V -V + Vo = 0, Vo = 2V?

I know -V -V -Vo = 0 is the correct one but during interval T/2 to T the diode is open why the polarity is not as in Fig B but as in Fig 2.94?

99400d1386187444-clamper1.png

99401d1386187447-clamper2.png

Attachments

• clamper1.png
    clamper1.png
    260.2 KB · Views: 66
  • clamper2.png
    clamper2.png
    105.1 KB · Views: 61

hi jayanth,

from T/2 to T the current is flowing anti clock wise direction so the voltage accumulate as per B only. But when we are considering with respect to two nodes(as like vo), polarity was given like that.

clamper does not shift the phase, they shift the dc level.

at 0 to T/2 input is at V is shifted down to ZERO and

clamper will sustain the swing as it is. so from T/2 to T it will be shifted to -2V only.

hope it will reach you.

In Fig 2.94 the polarities of Vo at the place of open diode is wrong, isn't it? When the right side of the charged capacitor is -Ve and Cathode side of diode is +ve due to Voltage source then how can the polarities shown in fig 2.94 across the diode is right?

I have simulated the clamper. See the image.

99446d1386301998-clamper2.jpg

Attachments

• Clamper2.jpg
    Clamper2.jpg
    249.3 KB · Views: 54

Status
Not open for further replies.