Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Does the number of PMOS and NMOS transistors in a CMOS gate level have to be equal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pratap_v

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Is it always that the number of PMOS and NMOS transistors in a CMOS gate level netlist must be equal.If not please let me know, why?
Thank you

CMOS

there are similiar, but not equal exactly
for example, for a inverter, there are a pmos and a nmos, but if you want to increase the drive capacity of the inverter, because the speed of nmos is larger than pmos, so there are maybe two pmos and a nmos for the new inverter.
by the way,in the example above, the two pmos is connected in parallel, so you can take the two pmos as one.but in the netlist, there are two pmos.

Re: CMOS

In physical layout, they can draw as many NMOS or CMOS they want to make sure the matching, But in logicwise 2 NOS or 2 PMOS parallel with same source and same drain are considered one.

CMOS

besides the reasons i mentioned above,
if the gate level netlist of your ram in your netlist can be seen, you can check that, the number of nmos and pmos are not equal normally. it depends on the basic structure of your ram, for example, for standard 6t sram, there are 4 nmos and 2 pmos

CMOS

In circuit unit, the number of nmos and pmos are equal normally for low power consume,and the others NMOS are switchs.

Re: CMOS

tarkyss said:
besides the reasons i mentioned above,
if the gate level netlist of your ram in your netlist can be seen, you can check that, the number of nmos and pmos are not equal normally. it depends on the basic structure of your ram, for example, for standard 6t sram, there are 4 nmos and 2 pmos

SRAM is not CMOS !

CMOS

trendwest2
what is CMOS? are you sure??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back