Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Does SOC Encounter ECO Post-Mask flow support this kind of netlist changes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

irun2

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone,
I am fresh to SOC ECO and need help on it. Thanks!
The chip has been taped-out and after some tests bugs are found. I’ve modified the verilog netlist using several spare cells. The changes are like below:
TOP module originally has instance of module A and module B, now signals inside that two module need to be connected to each other, I’ve create new ports in A and B, connected them in TOP. In module A, spare cells(named or_spare1, and_spare2, which contained in the spare module C) are used. So I’ve commented or_spare1, and_spare2 in module C.
I followed the userguide to do the ECO, but errors SOCECO-146 were found, saying
ERROR: (SOCECO-146): Name SGate is already used by an instance or a net in cell clk_gate.
**ERROR: (SOCSYC-1805): Failed to add net 'u_top/clk_gate/SGate', the routing on the net is discarded.

---------- Post added at 06:07 ---------- Previous post was at 04:30 ----------

When I used ecoRoute -modifyOnlyLayers 1:3, the error becomes:
#ERROR (NRDB-993) INSTANCE u_top/timer/spr_nand2_0 connected to selected net u_top/timer/help1 is unplaced. Allinstances connected to selected nets must be placed before routing.

help1 is one of the new created wires. What should I do to fix the complaint?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back