Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Does rom, ram need to connect to analog power ring?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stormwolf

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
rom, ram power connect

At p&r, rom and ram connect to digital power ring, and i think rom , ram is analog , Does rom, ram need to connect to analog power ring. And analog modul direct connect to pad through special net by hand,don't need analog power ring.

Re: rom, ram power connect

If you have a complex design and it generates a lot of noise you can put the memory in a different power ring.

If your design have an analog block and a memory block is high recommend to isolate the analog from the rest of the circuit (it means the memories can be with the logic power source).

Re: rom, ram power connect

When using different power ring, normaly is to isolate analog signal from noise creating by digital signal. So just let analog part with a ring, others (include ROM, RAM) in a another ring.
Of course, in complex application (high noise), can take memory part in a ring.

rom, ram power connect

Yeah, I think so.
The power of analog block must be isolated with that of digital's, however, memory's power is not need.

rom, ram power connect

hi chuchinh, i think that analog power don't need power ring, just direct connet macro power to analog power pad, I think this will have little noise, does it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back