Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Does anybody know "e" language?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLEXcertifydll

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
What is the "e" language? It's HDL language for system design?
And where can I find some datum of "e" language?
THX.

e-language is the language used in specman by verisity on their verification suite. unlike vera, it is not open and free.

it is pretty much work on the concept of object-oriented prinicple like those of c++

maybe it means a chinese program language

preliminary reference manual is at

**broken link removed**

from the above document:

The e language is an object-oriented programming language. Although e can be used to
create any general-purpose software program, it has been designed to facilitate the
verification of electronic designs. The verification-specific constructs that distinguish e
from other object-oriented languages such as C++ include:
• Constructs to define legal values for data items (constraints)
• Constructs to describe sequences over time (temporal constructs)
• Constructs to support concurrency (multi-threaded execution)
• Constructs to support connectivity (bit-level access)
The e language also is designed to reduce the effort required to write tests and to make the
high-level intent of the test readily apparent. In contrast to other object-oriented
programming languages, e’s unique extensibility lets you modify multiple data objects in a
single, separate test file that is layered on top of the base verification environment. This
extensibility feature allows you to address systemic, test-specific concerns that are not
localized to a single data object’s boundaries in a way that does not sacrifice modularity or
readability.
The e Language Reference Manual provides detailed information on the e programming
language.
For information on e’s built-in (predefined) methods and routines, refer to e Libraries.

comparison of verification languages (vera, e, systemC)

I need to compare e language, vera and sytemC. Can you help me?

e is a powerful object oriented language used for functional verification of HDL designs. It has useful structures for random test generation and coverage. e is running in specman suite of verisity.

e is a powerful object oriented language used for functional verification of HDL designs. but it not popular as verilog and vhdl. like systemC i head ache when learn about it. because i understand well c and vhdl. but systemC is very different with usual C and vhdl. so the e language.

You also can find the LRM from **broken link removed**.

IEEE already forms a working group for it.

See my post: Design Verification with E language ebook.
**broken link removed**

-------------
Saho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back