Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

does anybody have some reference about buck-boost converter

Status
Not open for further replies.

iscmos

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
how does a buck boost work

same to the subject, thanks!

buck boost.....

search on eg on semi, linear, national semiconductor, fairchild sites and they will have golden Application Notes on the subject.

Its just like a boost but with tran and L swapped over and the diode put the other way.

Re: does anybody have some reference about buck-boost conve

Thanks!
I know what's your mean but there are two structures of buck-boost converter, one is same to you mentioned, but the other structure contain four switchs and it can work in three modes-buck mode, boost mode and buck-boost mode. actually I found a related specification from linear site, but it doesn't describe the operate in detail.
thanks anyway and i will check more related sites about this subject.
eem2am said:
buck boost.....

search on eg on semi, linear, national semiconductor, fairchild sites and they will have golden Application Notes on the subject.

Its just like a boost but with tran and L swapped over and the diode put the other way.

Re: does anybody have some reference about buck-boost conve

The wikipedia article shows a circuit, that is designated inverting converter in most literature. To my opion, it's erroneous to name it a buck-boost converter.

The said four-switches circuit used by linear (actually two active switches and two diodes are needed for an asynchronous version), is the standard buck-boost. It's operation principle is obvious, I think. Apart from this circuit, SEPIC and isolating converters can do the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.