Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Dlatch with mem. plz help for module and testbench

Status
Not open for further replies.

dvdeepak

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
can any one help me for its module and testbench.in this file attatched the figure has rd/wrd and clk are inputs and data is an inout. if rd/wrb is low then flip-flop is in write mode ;data are an input line;data on data line are written into latch when clk is positive. when rd/wrb is high , flip-flop is in read mode, data stored in latch are made available on data line.
Please help me.[/img]

can anyone plz tell me whts wrong with the 2 methods tht i tried and are not working for this diagram.

1st method
module Dlatchwithmemnew2(q, data, rw,clk); ///////// its not working , data and q are giving X as ouput
output q;
inout data;
input rw,clk;
wire en,qb;
reg d;
reg data_out;
wire data_in=data; /// i tried to put the data input into data_in
Dlatch g1(q,qb,d,en); //// its a D latch with output q and qb

assign data=(rw==1)?data_out:data_in; /// to use the inout data
assign en=(rw==0)?clk:1'b1; //// if rw=1 then clk will always be 1 so tht when q wil b given as input to D-latch again and will b written into it

always @( clk, rw , data, q, data_in) begin
if (rw==1)
begin
data_out=q; /// output of d-latch is given into data_out
d=q; /// q will be given as input to d-latch again
end
else
begin
data_out=q;
d=data_in; /// data_in will be given as input to d-latch
end
end

endmodule

2nd method tht i tried is .. data is not giving proper output even by using some temp_data as reg and then substituting its value into inout data
module main(data, rw,ck);
inout data;
input rw,ck; ///////////if we run the synthesis of main then there is error in tri0 and tri1
wire wren,q,qb;//////////////but its test runs absolutely fine only by making the "data" as reg in test
tri0 en;//////////////////// not as a wire
tri1 d;/////////////////////whereas it should be wire coz of being an INOUT
not(wren,rw);
bufif1(d,data,wren);
bufif0(en,ck,rw);
Dlatch g1(q,qb,d,en);
bufif1 (data,q,rw);

endmodule

Regards,
Deepak.

Status
Not open for further replies.