Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Divide by 3 and Divide by 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

raviram80

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi All,

Can some one porivde me the circuit for divide by 3 and divide by 5 counter using D flip flop

Also if someone can provide some documentation on how to design these counters using K MAPs that will be very helpful

Thanks,

Hi,

I wanted some info which describes the approach of making a divde by 3 normal circuit not the 50%. It will be highly appreciated if some one can tell me how to make divide by 3 using D flops

Also if you know the present state and next state which is the case in counter you can use Karnaugh map to solve the inputs for the flops.

I have done this kind of thing just dont rem now.

Thanks

Sorry, I don't know how to make a /3 divider with only DFF and no gates. I can do it with JK-FF or T-FF, or with gates + DFF. Maybe this will help you:

I would be very interested to see how one can use a Karnaugh Map to make a clock divider.

Hi raviram80,

we have clock divider by odd or even and with a duty cylce of 50%. But I can not provide the code.

it is composed by on main counter, two process running each on opposite edge to generate both clock and a process used for the glitch free clock selection and a clock selector

hi All,

Can some one porivde me the circuit for divide by 3 and divide by 5 counter using D flip flop

Also if someone can provide some documentation on how to design these counters using K MAPs that will be very helpful

Thanks,

Try using a Johnson counter with 3 Flipflops for DIVIDE BY 3 Circuit
and 5 Flipflops for DIVIDE BY 5 Circuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back