Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Disassembler and Debugger

Status
Not open for further replies.

real_tr

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want disassembler and debugger

Much can be found at internet but which one do you use?

IDA Pro 4.5 for cca 400$

Tom

I aggree
IDA Pro seems the most universal.

also take a look at UMPS.

IDA is INTERACTIVE tool

Hi,

Which mcu or mpu are you using? Do you want for intel cpus'?If so ida and wdasm will be good for you.If you want further info check : www.protools.cjb.net

Analyzer.

Is IDA for dead debugging? I could not figure it out. I use Soft Ice for live debugging, very powerful.

Is IDA for dead debugging? I could not figure it out. I use Soft Ice for live debugging, very powerful.

Up until the latest version (4.5), IDA was only for dead debugging. I have not tried the new version, but it is now supposed to have an integrated debugger (I think).

I agree that softice is very powerful :D . Given that it is a new feature, I doubt that IDA as this sophisticated for live debugging.

Using IDA in conjunction with softice gives the best of both worlds (live & dead debugging complement eachother and help with different problems), if you can afford it.

Ida was for dead debugging you're right but in new versions it is interactive debugger now.Check their website.

Analyzer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back