Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Digital PLL and COSTAS LOOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

LinXiaoling

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
can anyone give me some advice on digital PLL and costas loop? can CW signal be tracked and locked in a digital costas loop?

Hi Lin,

Costas loop is for carrier recovery in receiving supressed-carrier signals. For instance, for demodulating Double Side Band in analog communications, or BPSK in digital communications.
For track CW you can use a PLL.
Regards

Z

Hi Lin,

Costas loop is for carrier recovery in receiving supressed-carrier signals. For instance, for demodulating Double Side Band in analog communications, or BPSK in digital communications.
For track CW you can use a PLL.
Regards

Z

Thanks,Zerro. And until now my design based on FPGA can track CW signal,but the frequency resolution in the PLL how to be improved,I wanna 1Hz in my design,but now it is only 1KHz. And I have tried to improve it without caring locked time,but it failed.Can you give me some advice?
Thanks a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back