Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DIGITAL PCELL LIBRARY

Status
Not open for further replies.

shalsrosy13

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
what is pcell

hello members

I am rosy , and i am working on a project (DIGITAL PCELL LIBRARY)
I have zero knowledge on PCELL , and I have some experience in working with cadence .... can i get some basic information regarding PCELL .
like what is a pcell..........?
how can i learn pcell layout......?
how is it different from normal cadence layouts ........?
Is pcell a design environment ......in which layouts like inverter,NAND ...etc are
are drawn . I am very much confused about this .....plz help me .
thank u :|

pcell means parameterized cell. It can be written in SKILL languge and executing it from CIW window. Or set design environment in Pcell mode and drawing it as layout. And giving the expressions to the corresoponding design. Usually, each device type has a corresponding Pcell layout. So you don't have to draw the tarnsistor layout from scratch. Just specify the size of the transistor and pcell will automatically create it for you. Usually use in Cadence VXL. For manu, go to your install path and doc directory to find the SKILL help menu.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back