Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Digital LED Clock For Football Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.

wmyatthu

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to build a digital clock for football stadium. So, please give me some idea how to build a digital clock. Thanks.

"football stadium"
You mean 10 foot digits ?

Not much of a different in size, use 500 led to make a segment.

Csaba

There no specific problem to build a digital clock, for a football stadium you have to choice the right display media!

used the dotmatrix led so how about your budget !!how much if you not much the budget can you build by 7 segment also .reason one seem to say is low cost and apply a lot use the transistor drive circuit a little

That is not hard to do.

You may use your display to be 7-segment display, you may need 5 units (2 for seconds, 3 for minutes).
Here you need uc with no of o/p ports equal 5 ports (each is 8 bits), each port controls one 7-segment unit. But since it is a clock for a stadium, the largest no. will be (120min):(0sec) and it means that the last 7-segment unit will need only to have no. '1' which needs only two control bits that can be the last bit of any two o/p ports that controls the first four 7-segment units.

I recommend to you to use Atmel [AT89C51]. it has 4 I/O ports. The program will be very simple especially if it is written in C/C++ language.

Hope it helps...

a bulk of 12000mcd LEDs at minimum (for outdoor), power supply according number of used LEDs, good mechanical job, do not forget for the cooling and water, bees, wind, snow, vandal,... resistance.

In this case is programing job pretty much smaller then mechanical.

I did this years ago for a digital clock to be seen across a city skyline. The solution was not to use LEDs but to use 6' fluorescent tubes - it worked out MUCH cheaper.

Brian.

a bulk of 12000mcd LEDs at minimum (for outdoor), power supply according number of used LEDs, good mechanical job, do not forget for the cooling and water, bees, wind, snow, vandal,... resistance. In this case is programing job pretty much smaller then mechanical.
For general info, this thread which you have replies was started and stopped 4 years back.

Status
Not open for further replies.