Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Digital IC Tester with hex code (89S52)

Status
Not open for further replies.

frio

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points

An Integrated Circuit tester (IC tester) is used to test Integrated Circuits (ICs). We can easily test any digital IC using this kind of an IC tester. For testing an IC, we need to use different hardware circuits for different ICs; like we need a particular kind of tester for testing a logic gate and another for testing flip flops or shift registers which involves more complication and time involved will also be more. So here’s an IC tester to overcome this problem. Unlike other IC testers, this is more reliable and easier since we don’t need to rig up different kind of circuits for
different kind of ICs, each time we need to test them.

Circuit Diagram & Source code ( Hex file of 89s52 includes )

Download
Code:
[url]https://alturl.com/bphs[/url]

EDIT := Revised some chip

Its usefull for my final year project. Thanks

Thank you, I will try.

Gate 4 of 7400 show BAD by pc software but it is good.

ICTester.exe when executed is reported on my system that it contains virus.

ICTester.exe when executed is reported on my system that it contains virus.
I have the same :!:

Yes My AVG detect AdWare, But project working well. I see the defination of virus on AVG and avg says Adware is not a virus.

Hi,

Actually the biggest challenge to build universal IC tester is to do the individual for each IC test patterns. In case of single NAND and NOR gates the task is quite simple but for some other IC it could be quite complex and time consuming.

One solution (which was successfully developed and tested) is to "attack" the chip with random patterns and to collect the information from all inputs/outputs into some parallel CRC register (parallel signature analyzer). What you need for programming one IC patterns is - you define which pin is input and which output, you set the probablity of 0 or 1 for that pin and you set the length of the test (how many patterns to send).

Once you program the I/O configuratio, the probability of 0/1 and the length of the patterns you take several working IC and you see what signature they yield. This signature is the OK/FAIL indicator. if you put unknown IC and the signature matches - the IC is OK, if the signature is different - the chip is not OK.

This method is not telling you where exactly the problem is and is good for GO/NOGO tests.

Adding analog comparators on the inputs can make possible to detect even leackages.

The advantages are obvious - you can send random patterns with speeds up to 500 MHz (our prototype was using 150 MHz), the whole test takes fractions of second, the schematic is relatively simple, the programming of diiffernt IC settings is "piece of cake".

hi luben111, you are right. but i am student. i think this is working example how ic tester work for me. Are you have eny link to build universal IC tester. Please tell me if you have any source

frio said:

An Integrated Circuit tester (IC tester) is used to test Integrated Circuits (ICs). We can easily test any digital IC using this kind of an IC tester. For testing an IC, we need to use different hardware circuits for different ICs; like we need a particular kind of tester for testing a logic gate and another for testing flip flops or shift registers which involves more complication and time involved will also be more. So here’s an IC tester to overcome this problem. Unlike other IC testers, this is more reliable and easier since we don’t need to rig up different kind of circuits for
different kind of ICs, each time we need to test them.

Circuit Diagram & Source code ( Hex file of 89s52 includes )

Download
Code:
[url]http://hotfile.com/dl/46455468/4e9dcde/ICTester.rar.html[/url]

Thanks, i love 8052 based working projects. Just downloading.

IC tester Working, But Where is virus ?
Thanks

Thnx, want to try, No virus , i scane on virustotal

Edit - Revised some 74XX chip

I have usb to serial converter on my laptop, comPort 6
But there are no com 6 option in software.

Change the port number from the device manager.

From the device manager select ports and right click on port 6 for properties.

From the properties select the port settings and click Advanced. Here you can change the port number.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back