Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Digital Communication

Status
Not open for further replies.

songanh

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Should I take Digital communication or Computer Network Communication?

I don't know what is better.

Thank you

First tell me which degree are u in copmputer engg or telecom
Then we can decide which onw we should take

Digital communication is more general and has more interfaces than networs as a matter of fact it includes Networks, however it depends on ur needs if u want to specialize then go for networks other wise digital communication is better

If you are from electronics field then you should perfer digital communication.
If from Computer Science its better to go for computer network communication.

Just tell us your major first. If you work with physical link, I recommend you Digiatal Communication

well, i say go to digital communications, it's more interesting and challenging....but it is all your own decision,depends on what u wanna do exactly after you graduate...

I think Digital communication is better

I think You better take Digital Communication...

You can implement a lot of concepts of Digital Comm. in VLSI.. and they are growing field...

thats better if you take Digital Communicationthat CDMA concepts..are more useful

for implementing 3Gcellphones and hottest area currently..

Regards
Shankar

If you are a student and majoring in electronics engg. then go for digital communication but if you are majoring in computer sc. & engg. then go for computer network communication. However if you are in job concerning data and network communication then also you should take the second option i.e. CNC but if your job profile is in a mobile communication company then go for DC. Hope it helps you.

I think both will go hand in hand, in some way digital comm. req. basic

songanh said:
Should I take Digital communication or Computer Network Communication?

I don't know what is better.

Thank you

Electronic communication Engineer should be aware of the Digital communications, Topics u find is Modulations/Demodulations Techniques , Design , Spectral Efficiencies of diff. channel coding ,..etc

Network Engineer should be aware of Network Comm, topics u find Types of Networks, network Topologies , OSI Layering , signaling systems , PSTN , DSL, ISDN , Routing techniques for Data and Voice ,...etc

Digital Communication is far better then other books...no doubht :)

Digital communication gives you wide understanding about whole communication system. If you have to do a choise between two take

Digital communication

Take Digital Communication. Although it all deals with physical layer, the knowledge is required whether you will be working in telecom or computer networks.

It is very simple, it all depend on your interest, If you are from electronics field then you should perfer digital communication.
If from Computer Science its better to go for computer network communication.

Hello
Both are essentially core subjects.If your major is Communication Engineering,then Digital Comm. is must for you but if you are a Computer Engineering student and have option to choose one then opt for Computer Communication and Networking.
It will be more beneficial if you study both. Well it depends at which levels you have to make selection at UG or Graduate.
DKK

r u heading for Mtech or MS ....juzz give me few more inputs ...such as ur background n college which u joining ~~

Digital communications deals with far more technical aspects than computer network communications..

Status
Not open for further replies.