hacksgen

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
differential difference amplifier

Hi guys,

I have two differential input signals (Vinp Vinn) (Vrefp Vrefn) centered around 900mV common mode. I need to amplify the differential difference of these two signals . That is
(Vinp + Vrefn) - (Vinn + Vrefp).

Can differential difference amplifier be used . How much offsets do these amplifiers typically have for a 0.18um process when compared with the single NMOS pair amplifers. The topology i want to use for the DDA is a two pairs of NMOS input transistors with PMOS load. What affects the offsets in these amplifers.

Also can the output offset storage techniques used for cancelling offsets of a single NMOS input transistor differential amplifer be used for the DDA also.

I was thinking to use the DDA as the first stage preamp to amplify the differential differenec of the two inputs and produce a fully differntial output. The DDA is followed by simple nchannel differential amplifiers for further amplification and finally a dynamic latch.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…