Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

differential difference amplifier as preamp for comparator

Status
Not open for further replies.

hacksgen

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
differential difference amplifier

Hi guys,

I have two differential input signals (Vinp Vinn) (Vrefp Vrefn) centered around 900mV common mode. I need to amplify the differential difference of these two signals . That is
(Vinp + Vrefn) - (Vinn + Vrefp).

Can differential difference amplifier be used . How much offsets do these amplifiers typically have for a 0.18um process when compared with the single NMOS pair amplifers. The topology i want to use for the DDA is a two pairs of NMOS input transistors with PMOS load. What affects the offsets in these amplifers.

Also can the output offset storage techniques used for cancelling offsets of a single NMOS input transistor differential amplifer be used for the DDA also.

I was thinking to use the DDA as the first stage preamp to amplify the differential differenec of the two inputs and produce a fully differntial output. The DDA is followed by simple nchannel differential amplifiers for further amplification and finally a dynamic latch.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back