Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

dftadvisor help (urgent)

Status
Not open for further replies.

urmish

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am trying to insert partial scan into my design of a processor (gate level net-list), but the tool says "Error: ATPG based scan identification is no longer supported"

However the other 4 types namely
full_scan
clock_sequential
sequential_transparent
wrapper_chains

seem to work fine

the command I use is

setup scan identification full_scan/clock_seq/seq_trans/wrapper_chain/sequential

The part in bold in the above command is the type of scan insertion

I wish to ask, does anyone else face this problem? Is this a licensing issue? Have the Mentor guys discontinued partial scan insertion or is it just for tools in the higher education program?

Also, can someone shed some light on how to use the wrapper_chains method since it does not identify any scan cells with simple usage.

Thanks,
urmish

Dftadvisor can't automatically create a scan chain with just the flip-flops you want. You either need to tell it which to exclude or which to include.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back