Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Device identification clarification

Status
Not open for further replies.

shashy.br

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
HI all i need to generate an RF signal in the range of 9 to 9.6 GHz at a power level of 250 KW peak (200 W avg power) with a duty of 0.001%,

i need clarification as of how to generate the power level required...!!!! Please let me know the proper device to achieve the power level required ,

I searched the internet and found a Magnetron PM250X from LP3 communications to do this operation!! Is there any other method to achieve the

power level???

Also is it feasible to achieve such amplification using SSPA's at X band???

If you work out your peak voltage you will find that it will exceed the voltage ratings of suitable semiconductors, though the mean power is OK. Magnetrons and klystrons survive, because the voltages are developed in the cavities which have a high vacuum in them.
Frank

Hi all ,

Thanks for your replies,

I am going ahead with 200 Watt transmission power and by using pulse compression technique i will get the SNR required.

my application is for a Primary Surveillance RADAR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back