Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Developments in Electronics?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nitrojacob

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How many of you think that there are any real developments going on in electronics. I think, electronics is not at all developing. Only thing that is going on is different manufacturers trying different combinations of existing technologies!!

What all are the areas of electronics where active R&D is going on?
Is there any thing that we can to invent/develop?

I think that there are a lot of things in electronics that will be developed. Recent discovery of the 4th circuit element memristor is just one of the examples. Another topics may be development of highly linear elements and circuits for linear mixing and amplifying signals; devices with adjustable negative resistance and ability to work with very small currents for lowering phase noise; highly efficient photovoltaic and silicon elements for converting solar energy to electrical power, millimeter wave elements and so on, so on.

Thank you RF-OM

These are the developing areas of microelectonics and material science. Reasearches in material sciences and nanotechnology will bring us new and more exciting devices.

What about newer techniques in other branches of electronics?

I was talking not about microelectronics but about electronics as a science.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back