Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

designware foundation license

Status
Not open for further replies.

qjlsy

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
When I run compile, it said,

Information: Evaluating DesignWare library utilization.
|Designware- Foundation | |
|_______________________________|

Does it mean that I haven't Designware- Foundation license? Is Designware- Foundation license not a free license? Based on existing enviroment, DC can't use Designware- Foundation library, right? Is there any way to get a free license?

Thanks a lot!

yeah that diagram shows you dont use DW foundation lic for synthesis.. DW foundation is not free . additional lice has to be purchased. if license is present in your workplace you can enable it by editing the .synopsys_dc_setup file.

Add/modiify these lines to ur dc setup file
sythetic_library = dw_foundation.sldb ;
link_library = "*" + target_library + synthetic_library ;

even if u dont have a dw_foundation license.. you can synthesis with DW_FOUNDATION libraries for evaluation purposes by adding the above lines. Problem is you cant write out the netlist.

Thanks a lot!

In fact, later I found, no asterisk behind DW-foundation does not mean no license available.

If rtl is so complex that DC synthsis have to use foundation elements, in the same software running environment, DC will also draw a asterisk behind DW-foundation, as it does behind DW-Basic. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back