Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Designing L PROBE Feed Microstrip Patch Antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

goli

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I am an electrical engineering student and i am designing a L probe feed Microstrip patch antenna.Can anyone help me in the steps involved in designing and Simulating the desing using IE3D.

Thanks

Hi, goli:

I am not sure how the L-shaped probe looks like. However, following is an example to show you the similar case. Assume you try to build a probe feed like the following.

side-view

-------patch----------d------------------------
|
b----c
|
------gnd-------a--------------------------------

When you can do is:
1. Build the patch.
2. Build the gnd if it is finite.
3. Enter 4 vertices (a,b,c,d) on IE3D/MGRID.
4. Select Adv Edit->Build Wire Path. Please choose to build a connection at "d" while you can build a port at "a".

The above scheme works for all wire antennas and probe-fed antennas. This scheme is extremely useful for wire antennas with lumped elements. You can build ports at the locations of the vertices if you want. Regards.

Thnx for the reply.I will do it and get back if i have any doubts.Thnx once again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back