Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Designing complex Microwave PCB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devil103

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm starting work on a new Microwave PCB (1.5 GHz through 2.5 GHz) and I'm wondering how to best proceed.

I've made my component selections (mostly COTS IC's from Analog Devices, Hittite,..) and now I want to draw up the circuit diagram at component level (including decoupling capacitors, impedance matching,...) and work on the PCB.

I'm wondering which would be the best program to proceed

I'm thinking ADS because I can simulate the filtering and microstrips but I don't know if I could use ADS as a schematic tool especially seeing none of the Analog Devices components are included.

Which program do you guys recommend for component level schematic capture (and PCB layout) at microwave frequencies.

If it is a simple board, just about any modern layout program will do. If it is a multilayer board with a high pin count digital chips, you will need a program with an autorouter and rules checker.

in any event, if you are new to this, there is just about 0% chance the board will work on first pass. I suggest you have an experienced engineer review the board layout after you are done, but before it is fabricated.

Rich

Last edited by a moderator:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back