Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

design steps and basics of microstrip PATCH antenna ????

Status
Not open for further replies.

gbaerf

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
antenna design steps

Please tell me if possible the complete design steps and issues of microstrip PATCH antenna design and basics of the patch antenna
please suggest me if any relavant link is there...

and why do we go for PATCH antenna is it depends upon the application or any other
specific advantages are there.
what are the advantage of PATCH antennas ????

any explanation on the feed methods of the antennas...

Thanks and regards

patch antenna + design steps

1. Find the freq. of your application. Example for devices of bluetooh the frequancy of operating is 2.45 GHz

2. Find the type of material(PCB) that you wanted to use like Duriod or other. Go to RT Duriod web site and get all the parameter u need in calculation like relative permittivity εr and relative permiebilty µr.

3. Choose a model(a group of mathematical Equation) to build calculate your Width (W) and Length (L). You will use εr and µr in order to get W and legth trough ξeff and etc.

Remember to calculate width first then length. Transmission line model is the easiest.

Your W should be ≈L/2 to get a good design

Book on MIcrostrip Antenna will help: recomemded one by Bhal & Bhartia.

Good luck:D
I've done this before using Matlab

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back