Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

design rule constraint

Status
Not open for further replies.

mingzhiyuan

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, everyone:
I‘m a newer of Design Compile. When I read the design rule constraint section of <Design Compile User Guide>. I found a design rule constraint called minimum capacitance. I know that the maximum capacitance constraint could be used to limit the transition time and something similarly. But i don't know why the DC or library has the minimum capacitance constraint. Similarly, the minimum transition time constraint. Could anyone explain it for me. Thanks in advance~

Last edited:

I think the minimum cap due to the internal cap of the cell. Even if the load is zero there will be a cap practically.
And i guess the min transition is for the cell to recognise the signal as a valid input signal.

DC User Guide says that: "The min_capacitance design rule specifies the minimum load a cell can drive. It specifies
the lower bound of the range of loads with which a cell has been characterized to operate.
During optimization."
So, the minimum capacitance may be not the internal capacitance of the cell.
And set_min_capacitance command can only be used for input or inout ports; you cannot set minimum capacitance on a design.

---------- Post added at 15:03 ---------- Previous post was at 15:00 ----------

I think the minimum cap due to the internal cap of the cell. Even if the load is zero there will be a cap practically.
And i guess the min transition is for the cell to recognise the signal as a valid input signal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back