Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Design Process Parameter

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajavenku

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
I have a small question. How good are the chances for a designer to vary the process parameters like noise model parameters to improve the performance of a circuit. Does it make sense at all if there is chance also?? Because if different designers give different parameters for a foundary for manufacturing it will be quite complicated right??

Many Thanks :)

I´m not exactly sure of what are you talking about.
However, device parameters model are generally obtained mesuring after manufacturing, but not the original target.

+++

How good are the chances for a designer to vary the process parameters like noise model parameters to improve the performance of a circuit. ... Because if different designers give different parameters for a foundary for manufacturing it will be quite complicated right??
It usually works the other way round: the foundry tells you the process parameters, and you have to get along with them -- or forget it.
Of course it can work out the other way: if you are willing to sign a business volume contract of ≧ 1e7 bucks/year (or so) :lol:

I´m not exactly sure of what are you talking about.
However, device parameters model are generally obtained mesuring after manufacturing, but not the original target.

+++
Thnks for reply. Exactly speaking I was asking about BSIM3V3 process parameters.

Status
Not open for further replies.