Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

design not gate by using and gate

Status
Not open for further replies.
OR, AND and OR are basic gates and none of them can be used individually to realise the other... they can be used in a combination of 2 to realise the third....

Are you sure the question wasn't to use a NAND gate to implement NOT?
Code:
A -----|---\
       |    |>----- ~A
A -----|---/

You see, tie the input signal to both inputs of a 2 input NAND gate and you get NOT.

NOT and AND or OR gates are universal gates, Either combination of AND/NOT or OR/NOT can be used to realize any gate and so NAND and NOR are also can be used to implement any digital circuit.

hai guys

In interview i said its impossible
he said it is possible >>>

i thought like this

depending on the and gate delay it depends
Example::if and gate delay is 5ns(say)then
apply logic 1 as one input
apply A as another input of period 10ns(synchronous) waveform
we get the output as Abar..

practically it maynot possible

me and my friends discussed a lot and had came to this answers...
many of them wont agree this...but i think this may be the possibility...

any more suggestions

But Output will be same as input A, only shifted by 5 ns. If input waveform is not symetric then it won't be inverted one.

hello,

it is not possible.the output is a only,but it is delayed by 5ns.

it is not possible... actually if you implement it as you said then the output is supposed to be inverted no matter what and as long as the input stays in a particular logic level....

just check this waveforms.

i know many of them wont agree this..

what should i say to anybody when they ask this question

Hi naaj_ila,

clearly observe your wave form, your AND gate is simply giving delayed o/p only. For better understanding just vary ON and OFF periods of A and observe the change.

interviewer may be testing your confidence

well talkin in terms of propagation delay... you are just sending delayed versions of the output and this is just a buffer with a delay not a NOT gate...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back