Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

depth perception from image

Status
Not open for further replies.

apoorv.hombali

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,
i would be extremely grateful if someone helps me in the following matter ..
"if i know the exact depth corresponding to a pixel in image , how can i find the depth of other pixels in the same image... we can say all other things like height, orientation of camera are known "...
basically i need it for 3D ground plane estimation wherein i know the exact depth corresponding to one pixel.
Can we extrapolate this information to compute depth of other pixels in the image ??

please share some links or tutorials regarding texture gradient based methods for inferring depth if anyone knows ..

I think you need at least 2 images with known orientation to perform an 3D interpolation. A pixel gray level or color are insufficient to evaluate pixel depth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back