Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Delta-Wye rewired to Wye-Delta Bank...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmreina

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
wye delta

Hi, i would like to ask what will happen to the PERCENT IMPEDANCE of a three-phase transformer having original bank of DELTA-WYE if this is REWIRED to WYE-DELTA Bank?

Will it increase, decrease, or the same value as before?

pls help.. Thanks..u

delta and wye

Impedance Values. The percent impedance values depend on various factorsincluding the number of windings, particular phase, high and low voltage ratings, transformerkVA rating, and the insulation medium and cooling class. In general, impedance values increasewith higher voltage and kVA ratings. For most purposes, the impedance of power transformersmay be considered equal to their reactances because the resistance component is negligible.
so it doesn't have any relation on Delta or Wye.

wye delta banks

Thank you so much.. I would just like to confirm, therefore, if it is rewired to wye-delta bank, IT WILL HAVE THE SAME PERCENT IMPEDANCE VALUE..

actually, I have solved mathematically and it came out to be the same whether delta-wye or wye-delta banked transformers.. however, i don't have any 3-phase VARIAC to confirm it in actual testing.. thank you so much.. please do reply if there is any you could add on regarding this matter..u

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back