Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Delta sigma max input voltage on AIN+ and AIN-

Status
Not open for further replies.

www111

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I'm using the ADS1259 from TI and i want to know what is the max input voltage swing on AIN+ and Ain- if I use Vref 5V and Avss=5V and if I use bipolar supply +-2.5V can i use the 5V reference or must use 2.5V reference?

Can I have AIN+ and AIN- from -2.5V to 2.5V with supply 5V and reference 5V ?
Thnaks.

The datasheet clarifies, that VREFP-VREFN can be as high as AVDD-AVSS + 200 mV. In this case, you'll need an external +/- 2.5 V reference source when using a bipolar analog suppy.

Ok,

In my case I have two input voltage and they are always equal by amplitude and opposite sign so the difference is always positiv.

eg: Vp=1.25V Vn=-1.25V the value depends on gain of an Preamp. Vd=Vp-Vn=2.5V

What configuration of ads1259 should I use , it is possible for such an signal to use ADC's supply form 0-5V?

If you can't shift the input voltage to positive range, e.g. centered around 2.5 V rather than zero, you need a bipolar supply, usually +/- 2.5V.

How could I shift it?

What is better?
and if I apply REF5025 to VREFP pin , what should I apply to VREFN pin? and AVDD=2.5V, AVSS=-2.5V that mean them max input voltage on one input pis is 2.5V or -2.5V ?

Status
Not open for further replies.