Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

define FPGA IO Pad direction?

Status
Not open for further replies.

quan228228

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
fpga io pad

when i run FPGA. i set a pad in FPGA top file like following.

IOBUF_LVCMOS33_F_8 PAD_ARST (.T(pad_arst_oen ),.I(arst_out ), .IO(ARST ), .O(arst_in ));
The pad " PAD_ARST" I/O direciton is bidirection.

When i open the ucf file with xilinx PACE tool( i use xilinx FPGA), i found the pad " PAD_ARST" is input.

I want to know why the pad direciton is changed to input pad. And could you tell me how to define PAD I/O direciton ?

Thanks!

David

how to define io in ucf

Welcome to compiler optimization. The Xilinx tools have determined that no active logic drives your "PAD_ARST" and therefore it downgraded it to an input only. Finding the issue can be a challenge, since the tools only list the output was removed and do not list the exact point in the upstream logic where the signal is either not driven or driven to a constant logic level.

Start combing through the Translation reports and the PAR reports for removed logic. This should point you in the right direction.

quan228228

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
to banjo:

Thanks for your instruciton. i am trying.

David

Status
Not open for further replies.