Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Decimation Filter (FIR) Output

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eminent.Engineer

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello Everyone

I am designing a Decimation Filter for Delta Sigma ADC, the input to ADC is 3 KHz 0.5V peak to peak (0.25V to -0.25V) Sine wave but the output of Decimation Filter (3367 taps FIR Low Pass Filter) is 3 KHz sine wave but the amplitude in the range of 0.507 to -0.507. How I should convert this value to equivalent voltage ? Can someone suggest what could be the problem with Decimation Filter implementation ?

Thanks in advance.

A very unclear question, I fear. You would primarly specify the ADC's DC transfer characteristic and secondly a filter characteristic. For the latter, you need to know output smapling frequency, cut-off frequency, filter characteristic.

Just to simplify the unclear question,
After Decimation I have got the output actually it will be a binary output (ENOB ~11 bit) but in MATLAB it is decimal value, how to convert this output to equivalent voltage ? Input Voltage range is 0.25 to -0.25 V.

It's essentially the same as with the input value. It involves a scale factor. I presume that you can calculate the scale factor from the given filter transfer characteristic.

Hello FvM

I have attached the time domain and frequency domain response of Low Pass Filter. Can you elaborate a bit about "scale factor from the given filter transfer characteristic", any reading material related to this issue will be appreciated.

Thanks for your timely responses.

LPF_FreqDomain.jpgLPF_TimeDomain.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back