Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DC: Unconnected input ports warning

Status
Not open for further replies.

nkef

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
remove_unconnected_ports

I am getting the
Warning: In design 'codec_width16', port 'data_a[5]' is not connected to any nets. (LINT-28) , because some of the input ports dont drive any nets, how it is possible to remove them in dc?

Many thanks
Nkef

design compiler warning lint-2

Use "remove_unconnected_ports" commnad to remove the sub-module's unconnected ports.

warning: unconnected hierarchy pin

Sorry i forgot to mention, i tried to remove them with:
remove_unconnected_ports [find -hierarchy cell {"*"}]
but nothink happens :(

is not connected to any nets check_design

usually, the un-connected pin in from synthesis is also an un-loaded pin. in this case, you can just wave it off.

otherwise, it is probably the error exists in your RTL code, use check_design command to check it.

suppress unconnected port warning vhdl

no problem Layout tool will remove all unconnected , you can use spyglass also to see these potential warnings.

unconnected input synthesis

I finally removed them by running:
remove_unconnected_ports -blast_buses [find -hierarchy cell {"*"}]
after the elaborate command.

With unconnected_ports i got warnings when i was trying to export the design to vhdl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back