Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

dc motor drive interfacing

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayarajankb

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
dc motor drive using IGBT 220v 6 amps with interface facility display rpm

Dear jayarajankb
Hi
What do you want to do accurately ? design a DC motor controller with IGBT and PWM method ? if yes , do you want that the rotation polarity of your motor can change ?
Best Things
Goldsmith

dear Goldsmith sorry being late.
not require to change rotation of polarity.
basically I am, electronics service tech .now my service field is treadmill repair. I am fed up being non availability of specific components and related software for display unit of treadmill.So I want to try simple method for the same.
thanks for your kind attention on this thread.
thanks a lot..............................jayarajankb

Again Hi
Do you need any feed back from RPM ?
If yes , no problem , but if no , your circuit will be pretty simple .
Regards
Goldsmith

dear GOLDSMITH
feedback is a must................................................................in this tread and also in the life.
thanks jayarajankb

Well . you should design it with a microcontroller and with some ways to feed back :
1- tako generator
2- encoder and rotary encoder methods .
3- opto counter .
4- .... etc .
At first you'll need a simple PWM that it's duty cycle can change from zero up to 100 percent ( approximately ) . this you'll be able to change the speed as you want .
And about feed back loop , the feed back , response will have effect on duty cycle . to stabilize the RPM.
Good luck
Goldsmith

Status
Not open for further replies.