Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

dc gain in pole zero simulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

vasantiitm

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
In cadence pole zero simulation gives constant factor and dc gain.
but the dc gain what i get is not same as the dc gain obtained using calculator at the output node. pls tell me why both are not same?

I hope you are calculating the open loop gain and simulating for the closed loop gain

hi thank u for the response. I have calculated the dc gain for the closed loop still is not matching with what i get in cadence calculator response. Can u pls help in this regard

This sounds strange. Are you sure that you have all transistor stages work in proper bias regions and the loop stability margins are good enough?
Aside this, what is important are the locations of the open loop poles and zeros for selecting the right compensation method and the compensating network. After compensation, the closed loop pole locations (Zeros are uninteresting) should be first or second order which does not "give" much unlike the closed-loop step transient response. So you have to find the dc gain and the pole, zero locations of the open-loop response.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back