Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DC/DC converters isolated

Status
Not open for further replies.

wizpic

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm currently working on a project where I need to have an 5V isolated supply from a single 5V supply.
I've been looking at these RI3-0505S Isolated Module DC DC Converter 1 Output 5V 600mA 4.5V - 5.5V Input rather than having 2 transformers/rectifiers to supply the 5V isolated power

I will be running an ESP32 (5V input A) with a 3.3V regulator to run it, The 5V input A will be running other stuff, Then on the isolated part I will be using a MCP4822 12bit DAC running through an SI8630 on the SPI bus and a MCP3426 16Bit ADC running through an SI8600 I2C isolator. One side will be connected to Input A then on the isolated side Output A (5V).

Would this be the best approach and any precautions required ?

Attachments

• recom.JPG
    recom.JPG
    33.8 KB · Views: 71

seems ok but hopefully this is not for going across a mains isolation barrier as that RECOM module isnt rated for those kinds of isolation voltages.

No its pure DC voltage of 5V. It's just so that I can just use one transformer and rectifier smoothing capacitors to convert the 9VAC into 9VDC then regulator to 5VDC, Then one of the RI3-0505S to give me the 5VDC isolated supply

Hi,

What zenerbjt means: what's the voltage (peak) between input and output of the DCDC converter?

If ADC and DAC refer to the same potential I recommend to use both with SPI interface.
It's the simplest.

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.