Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Dc-dc boost converter

Status
Not open for further replies.

bharti thakur

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Did u find what u were searching for?

Mine requirements are same...if u got something in this regard please forward it to me too.i will be thankful for ur support.:razz:

What are you looking for? Details on boost converter?
Do you have a specific design in mind? Or some specifications?

Yes I have a system design, which takes voltage form fuel cell in the range of 40-24V dc at 30 A and delivers 24 V dc output which is fed to the inverter which gives 230 V ac.A battery also needs to be charged by fuel cell.

In this regard i am looking for commercially available buck-boost converter ic which can be controlled from external pwm signal with the required ratings.

I also need to build a converter circuit of my own regarding which i dont have any idea of where and how to start from?

Can you kindly guide me how can we make a custom build converter and inverter circuit as per our system's design.

Thanks a lot.

Sir.
I m eagerly waiting 4 ur guidance.I have explained u my system requirements.Can u jst explain me how can i build buck -boost converter hardware on my own?How to design what components to use etc.

Thanks

You're describing a bunch of things here... lets go one at a time....
Yes I have a system design, which takes voltage form fuel cell in the range of 40-24V dc at 30 A and delivers 24 V dc output which is fed to the inverter which gives 230 V ac.
So you want a buck converter to convert 24-40V to 24V. The inverter is already designed, I suspect?
A battery also needs to be charged by fuel cell.
You can probably get an off the shelf battery charger to do this, depending on the battery.

In this regard i am looking for commercially available buck-boost converter ic which can be controlled from external pwm signal with the required ratings.
Wait, what do you need a buck-boost for? And you say you want it to be controlled by external PWM, but that defeats the purpose of the control IC entirely. Do you just want to build the converter state without any feedback or controller?
I also need to build a converter circuit of my own regarding which i dont have any idea of where and how to start from?
Neither do I.
Can you kindly guide me how can we make a custom build converter and inverter circuit as per our system's design.
Maybe, but you're only going to get answers as specific as your questions and requirements.

Yes I have a system design, which takes voltage form fuel cell in the range of 40-24V dc at 30 A and delivers 24 V dc output which is fed to the inverter which gives 230 V ac.A battery also needs to be charged by fuel cell.

Thanks a lot.

Why do you need 2 converter circuits? You can use a commercially available buck-boost converter IC controlling MOSFETs that operate in buck-boost topology/configuration to give the desired output. It will also have feedback facility to maintain fixed output. If you need to control it externally, you can do so by utilizing the feedback or compensation pin(s) by a microcontroller or some control IC to change output by bypassing the feedback circuitry and using a second loop with the microcontroller or control IC.

Hope this helps.
Tahmid.

Sir,

Can i have ur email id so that i can send u d detailed requirements of my design ?

Status
Not open for further replies.