Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Data Path with Parity Check

Status
Not open for further replies.

fuccx2000

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Design a data path and a controller to repeatedly receive characters in 7-bit odd parity format (i.e., the parity bit is 1 if the number of ones in a given set of bits is even). The bits are received synchronously, i.e., one bit per clock. The most significant data bit (MSB) is received first, with the parity bit received last. The first bit is the bit received after the receiving two consecutive zero bits. The end bit is always a logic 1, and the data stays high until the start bits are received.

An example of the data stream is shown below:

… 1 1 1 1 1 0 0 d6 d5 d4 d3 d2 d1 d0 parity 1 0 0 d6 d5 …

When receiving the end character, the seven data bits should be transferred in parallel to the data output port. If there is a parity error, the output port ERROR should be asserted high (low if otherwise).

Draw the registers and logic blocks as a schematic, as well as the controller state machine state diagram. Write the VHDL code to implement the controller state machine. Your codes should be parameterized, such that the machine is able to support 7-bit or 8-bit characters, based on the value in the input port LENGTH.

Is there anbody can help this problem? I don't what to do at all. Thank u guys!:p

That's a nice homework assignment from which you surely will learn a lot! :) So what work have you done so far, and where specifically in your code (which of course you were going to show, right?) are you stuck?

Im sure we can help - what are the problems so far?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back