Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Data buffer for PCIe physical layer verification

Status
Not open for further replies.

dtn_me

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
PCIe Phy

Hi

I am doing PCIe physical layer verification. For Gen1 and Gen2, PCIe transmits 20 bit data and receives 16 bit data. I am in the process of bulding up a test bench environment for this.

I am actually preparing an expected data buffer. This is 16 bit buffer. Need to take 16 bits from the 20-bit data packet. The 4 bits remaining will be received in the next data packet. Can anybody tell me the working logic for this? I have been thinking for a logic but still not marked.

Please suggest.

Re: PCIe Phy

I basically don't understand your bit counting. At physical layer, PCIe (as other fast serial protocols, e. g. Ethernet or SATA) transmits and receives 8-Bit entities using 8b/10b coding/decoding. What is a 20-bit data packet in this regard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back