Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] current upto 2A and voltage is 12v

Status
Not open for further replies.

love_electronic

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have an lead acid battery (12v 4Ah).
what i want to do is to power up my circuit.My circuit requirement is 12v and current <=2A.
MAx current is 2A which can flow through my circuit.
What circuit should i use to restrict the current to 2A, No current greater than this flow.

12v 4AH is the maximum current your battery can deliver in one hour, and your circuit can draw only 2 amp maximum current so it does not mean battery will damage your circuit as it will not draw current more then 2 amp until volts are increased or the circuit has some kind of shortage so for that condition you can connect a fuse of 2 amp.

Last edited:

I have an lead acid battery (12v 4Ah).
what i want to do is to power up my circuit.My circuit requirement is 12v and current <=2A.
MAx current is 2A which can flow through my circuit.
What circuit should i use to restrict the current to 2A, No current greater than this flow.
Simple answer: 6Ω series resistor with 25W.:x
But for continuous operation I sagest current limit load switch like FPF2700

The current drain of a battery is dependent on the load you will apply. If you connect the load that will require 2A current then battery will only supply 2A not 4A.4Ah is the maximum capacity of battery to provide 4A current in one hour.

1) I agree with hamid159, just don't connect a load that will draw more than 2 amps.

2) If you are worried that the load may try to draw (much) more than 2 amps, then I agree with m.naveed, except that you would need to use a fusefor more than 2 amps. Check out the datasheet to see how long a given fuse can run at or near 2 amps before blowing.

3) Are you asking for a circuit that will regulate current flow to two amps? Then what you want is called a current source or an adjustable current source. I don't have one to post right away. Google it or search the forums.

no need to reduce the current for the circuit ....and more Ah that means battery discharge time is increase.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back